A great way to cool down when the weather heats up is with popsicles. They’re sweet, refreshing and easy to make. What’s more, if you make them yourself you can save yourself some money and rest assured that they won’t have any ingredients you don’t want.
Today’s flavor is Root Beer Cream. Just as the name implies, it’s a creamy version of the good old-fashioned root beer popsicle.
To make an adult version of this popsicle add 1/4 cup root beer vodka or 1/4 cup whipped cream vodka.
- 3 cups root beer
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 drops LorAnn's root beer oil
- Combine root beer, water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue cooking until mixture is reduced to 3 cups (about 20 minutes)
- Remove from heat and cool completely
- Add heavy cream and root beer oil
- Pour into popsicle molds to about 1/4 from top of mold
- Put in the freezer for about 2 hours
- Remove from freezer and insert popsicle sticks.
- Place back in freezer for at least 6 hours