Roasted Figs & Prosciutto
- 20 fresh figs
- 15-20 slices Italian prosciutto (about 8 ounces)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Snip the hard stems off the figs, and cut in half lengthwise through the stem. With a small sharp knife, cut the prosciutto lengthwise into inch-wide strips.
- Wrap a slice of prosciutto around the center of each fig half, with the ends overlapping.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and honey. Brush each fig with the mixture, and top with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes, or until the prosciutto is a little crisp and the figs are warmed through. Serve warm.
Ina Garten recipe