If you’re looking for a recipe for awesome rich and creamy mango ice cream, this is it. This recipe is super easy because it doesn’t use eggs, so you don’t have to cook it. I’ve been an ice cream fanatic for as long as I can remember. The only flavor I’m not fond of is mint chocolate chip. That happens to be my husband’s favorite…go figure.
I love tropical fruit, especially mangoes. I buy them every chance I get when they’re on sale and try to invent creative ways to use them. Last week, I made Cedar Planked Salmon with Mango Cucumber Salsa it was pretty awesome.
Enough of that, here’s the recipe for the mango ice cream. I thinking of getting a gallon ice cream freezer just so that I can make larger batches of this stuff at one time. It’s THAT good.
- 3 large very ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- juice from 1/2 lime
- Put diced mango in blender and blend in high until mango is very smooth
- Add sugar and lime juice and blend on low until well incorporated
- Add milk and cream and blend for 1 minute on low speed
- Pour into ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturers directions