Pea, Mint and Parmesan Crostini
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 12 slices of baguette bread
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Shaved Parmesan
- Torn mint
- A few drops of balsamic vinegar
- Grill 12 slices bread and rub with garlic clove.
- Blanch peas in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes for fresh peas and 1 minute for frozen.
- Drain peas; transfer to a bowl. Season with kosher salt and extra-virgin olive oil and mash with the back of a fork.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon mixture over each toast. Garnish with shaved Parmesan, torn mint, and a few drops of balsamic vinegar.
You can substitute fresh fava or edamame for the peas.