Green Beans With Lemon and Pine Nuts
Recipe Type: Vegetable
- 1 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook beans in a 4-quart saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes, then drain well in a colander. Transfer to a bowl and toss with nuts, parsley, zest, oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Despite the fact that they require few ingredients and little effort, these beans always get rave reviews. Green beans can be cut 6 hours ahead and chilled, wrapped in dampened paper towels in a sealed plastic bag.