Deviled Ham and Pecan Tea Sandwiches
Recipe Type: Sandwiches
This is an excellent tea sandwich. You’ll have your guests wondering what the secret ingredient is.
- 1/2 pound cooked ham, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, quartered[url href=”http://prettypinkapron.com/?attachment_id=96″ rel=”attachment wp-att-96″][img src=”http://prettypinkapron.com/wp-content/uploads/phpthumb_generated_thumbnailjpg-1.jpg” alt=”” width=”300″ height=”200″ class=”aligncenter size-full wp-image-96″][/url]
- 3 large sweet gherkins
- 1/2 cup pecans,toasted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 16 slices firm white sandwich bread
- Garnish: chopped parsley and pecans
- Pulse all ingredients except bread in a food processor until finely chopped and combined well.
- Spread ham mixture (1/4 cup per sandwich) between slices of bread. Discard crusts, then cut sandwiches into triangles.
Sandwiches can be chilled, covered with dampened paper towels, then plastic wrap, 3 hours.