Asparagus and sesame seeds combine to make a delightful spring salad. A perfect dish to spruce up and picnic fare: light and delicious!
- 4 TBS of sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 TBS of toasted sesame oil
- 2 TBS of rice wine vinegar
- 2 TBS of low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1.5 lbs of fresh asparagus, cut into 11/2" pieces
- Bring a pot of salt water to a boil.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 3 minutes.
- Upon removing the asparagus, immediately put it into an ice bath.
- After a few minutes, scatter the asparagus on to a towel lined plate to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Stir in the asparagus and refrigerate until serving.
This recipe is adapted from Alex Guarnaschelli, a featured chef on the Food Network.